Legislative & Industry Information

OSHA requires that all crane operators must obtain a nationally accredited license or otherwise meet the conditions of Subpart CC, no matter where you operate in the United States. Our Nationally Accredited crane operator license programs meet the conditions of Subpart CC.

As of today there are no state licensing requirements to operate a crane. Please note this could change at any time. Below are three links that can help keep you up to date for any changes to the VT laws.
» Government Link:
» Department of Safety:
» Department of Labor:

This page is where we post news articles of interest to heavy equipment operators in the state of Vermont as we see them. Some of these articles will be accident or citation reports , while others may be new initiatives by OSHA that are happening specifically in Vermont.

While all states must follow federal guidelines when it comes to operating cranes, forklifts, excavators, and other heavy equipment, state regulations can and do change. When we find out about any of those changes, we will post them here, was well as sending updates directly to our newsletter subscribers.


Cranes101 offers nationally accredited crane licensing, which are federally required for operators. If your operators need licensing, please contact us to set up a class for them at your site, on your equipment. The Crane Rule update also requires that your operators, in addition to a license, be qualified on the equipment they run on the job-site. Cranes101 can perform those qualifications on-site.

OSHA requires operators of heavy equipment and signal person/riggers to have certification in the safety standards, no matter where you work in the US. Get your online safety certification for bucket truck, forklifts, overhead cranes, MEWP, and signal person rigger here.

If you would rather see our whole live course catalog, check out our courses page.

Our instructors are happy to travel. Check our calendar for the class schedule, or if you don’t see one near you, host an open class at your job-site and receive discounts on your employees’ tuition.

Need your equipment inspected according to federal guidelines? Our sister company CATS can do that. Our NCCCO-certified inspectors will travel to your job-site to do your third-party equipment inspections. Find out more here.

Scroll to Top